第六冊 第12單元 介詞的使用彙整（三）
1. John looked out the window of the classroom.
out 和 outside 的差別，請按這裡。
2. Tom took some money out of his pocket and gave it to his son.
一、在某建物或空間之外：outside 的相反詞是 inside。
3. Fred parked his car outside the park.
4. My mom is out, and she won't be back before 9:00.
5. Let's talk outside the classroom.
6. The water came up over our feet.
註：above 和 over、below 和 under 有時在使用上也有區別。
若是指物體從一邊移到另一邊，也就是說「不是靜止不動的」，則只能用 over 或 under：
7. While we were playing in the playground, a plane flew over us.
8. In Hualien, you can see the train runs under the river.
9. The mother got a quilt over her baby because it was getting a little cold.
10. There's a bridge over the river.
四、超過：等於 more than。
11. All people over the age of
（在台灣，超過 15 歲的人，都要取得身份證。）
12. She and her family have lived here since 1989.
（她和她的家人，自 1989 以來，就住在這裡了。）
13. I hadn't seen them since the graduation from junior high school.
14. Mr. Speakers is taller than his brother.
15. I go to school by bike every morning.
16. Mary just sent an e-mail to her aunt.
── 這種用法常出現在「授予動詞」上，to 用「表示動作的方向」這個概念，比較好記，也比較不會弄錯。
17. It takes the boy twenty minutes to walk from his home to the school.
18. Please say hello to your parents for me when you see them.
二、answer/key to ...： 很容易誤用為 of。
19. Did you see my key to my car?
20. You can get the answer to the question on the Internet.
21. Your student ID card is under the jacket.
22. Please sign your name under your picture.
二、在 ... 的影響之下：
23. Don't worry. Everything is under control.
24. He will buy it if the price is under 5,000 dollars.
25. I'll stay in Changhua until the end of this month.
26. If you climb up the hill to the top, you'll see Jane's house.
（假如你爬到山頂上，你就會看到 Jane 的家。）
25. Do you know the girl with glasses?
26. It looks like rain. Take an umbrella with you.
27. She answered the test with this pen.
一、無、未經歷或未顯出（某事物 / 某人）：
28. I got a letter without a stamp last week.
29. He won't be happy without you.
30. The little child can't eat himself without a spoon.
三、not/never A without B： 沒有 B 就不會 A；每 A 就 B。注意中、英文「字序」的排列。
31. He never rides his bicycle without getting hurt.
32. I won't take a trip without taking a camera.
1. Look! There's a big boy coming ______ us. Do you know
(A) with (B) from (C) beside (D) to
2. My father won't come back ______ tomorrow afternoon.
(A) since (B) until (C) in (D) on
3. The Central Cross-Island Highway ______ the Central
Mountain Range (中央山脈) is dangerous but beautiful.
(A) along (B) into (C) over (D) from
4. Young people ______ 18 years old can't ride motorcycles.
(A) under (B) below (C) around (D) about
5. Many kinds of fish in the sea swim ______ the river to lay(生蛋) their eggs.
(A) up (B) of (C) behind (D) around
6. After class, a lot of students ran ______ the classroom to
(A) in back of (B) in front of (C) next to (D) out of
7. His sister will be married ______ a young, handsome gentleman (紳士) in Yunlin.
(A) by (B) to (C) for (D) over
8. John, would you please study ______ me today? I've a lot of questions to ask
(A) over (B) with (C) to (D) after
9. Of course, you run faster ______ me.
(A) than (B) with (C) around (D) near
10. People can't live ______ water and air.
(A) by (B) without (C) in (D) beside
11. The keys ______ the math questions are all printed (印刷) on the last page
of the book.
(A) of (B) to (C) about (D) for
12. It's so hot today. Let's sit ______ the tree I'm sure it'll be cooler.
(A) off (B) until (C) under (D) above
13. The boss had an argument (爭辯) with Shannon
yesterday, and we could heard the voices ______ his office.
(A) into (B) outside (C) over (D) with
14. There's a mosquito (蚊子) flying ______ your head.
(A) over (B) like (C) than (D) during
15. ______ a truck, we can never move these rocks and stones (石頭).
(A) Except (B) Inside (C) Across (D) Without
16. We'll start when the traffic light changes ______ green.
(A) off (B) to (C) in (D) with
17. Keep the bag ______ you, please. There's a lot of money inside
(A) about (B) up (C) along (D) with
18. Can you read the dialog ______ making any mistakes?
(A) without (B) between (C) inside (D) across
19. ______ ten years ago, we have worked for Mr. Nixon. That's why we know him so
(A) For (B) During (C) In (D) Since
20. My older brother told us an interesting story ______ dinner yesterday
(A) on (B) by (C) at (D) in
21. The thief broke the window ______ a hammer (鐵槌) and got into his
(A) by (B) like (C) of (D) with
22. There's a big, dark cloud ______ our school. It looks like rain.
(A) across (B) down (C) over (D) behind
23. You have to take the bus ______ the department store where you want to go.
(A) to (B) for (C) outside (D) about
24. For the test next Monday, you have to study from 8:00 ______ 11:00 today.
(A) at (B) in (C) to (D) about
25. Emily: How many people will come to the garden party tomorrow?
Richard: Our teacher says ______ five hundred people will come.
(A) above (B) over (C) on (D) after
綜合練習：[ 核對答案 ]