1. John looked out the window of the classroom .
2. Tom took some money out of his pocket and gave it to his son.
3. Fred parked his car outside the park .
4. My mom is out , and she won't be back before 9:00.
5. Let's talk outside the classroom .
6. The water came up over our feet .
7. While we were playing in the playground, a plane flew overus .
8. In Hualien, you can see the train runs
9. The mother got a quilt
because it was getting a little cold.
10. There's a bridge over the river .
11. All people over the age of
12. She and her family have lived here since 1989 .
13. I hadn't seen them since the graduation from junior high school .
14. Mr. Speakers is taller than his brother .
15. I go to school by bike every morning.
16. Mary just sent an e-mail to her aunt .
17. It takes the boy twenty minutes to walk
from his home to the school
18. Please say hello to your parents for me when you see them.
answer/key to ...
19. Did you see my key to my car ?
20. You can get the answer to the question on the Internet.
21. Your student ID card is under the jacket .
22. Please sign your name under your picture .
23. Don't worry. Everything is under control .
24. He will buy it if the price is under 5,000 dollars .
25. I'll stay in Changhua until the end of this month .
26. If you climb up the hill to the top, you'll see Jane's house.
25. Do you know the girl with glasses ?
26. It looks like rain. Take an umbrella with you .
27. She answered the test with this pen .
28. I got a letter without a stamp last week.
29. He won't be happy without you .
30. The little child can't eat himself without a spoon .
not/never A without B
31. He never rides his bicycle without getting hurt .
32. I wo n't take a trip without taking a camera .
1. Look! There's a big boy coming
us. Do you know him?
(A) with (B) from (C) beside (D) to
2. My father won't come back
(A) since (B) until (C) in (D) on
3. The Central Cross-Island Highway
the Central Mountain Range (
) is dangerous but beautiful.
(A) along (B) into (C) over (D) from
4. Young people
18 years old can't ride motorcycles.
(A) under (B) below (C) around (D) about
5. Many kinds of fish in the sea swim
the river to lay(
) their eggs.
(A) up (B) of (C) behind (D) around
6. After class, a lot of students ran
the classroom to the playground.
(A) in back of (B) in front of (C) next to (D) out of
7. His sister will be married
a young, handsome gentleman (
) in Yunlin.
(A) by (B) to (C) for (D) over
8. John, would you please study
me today? I've a lot of questions to ask you.
(A) over (B) with (C) to (D) after
9. Of course, you run faster
(A) than (B) with (C) around (D) near
10. People can't live
water and air.
(A) by (B) without (C) in (D) beside
11. The keys
the math questions are all printed (
) on the last page of the book.
(A) of (B) to (C) about (D) for
12. It's so hot today. Let's sit
the tree I'm sure it'll be cooler.
(A) off (B) until (C) under (D) above
13. The boss had an argument (
) with Shannon yesterday, and we could heard the voices
(A) into (B) outside (C) over (D) with
14. There's a mosquito (
(A) over (B) like (C) than (D) during
a truck, we can never move these rocks and stones (
(A) Except (B) Inside (C) Across (D) Without
16. We'll start when the traffic light changes
(A) off (B) to (C) in (D) with
17. Keep the bag
you, please. There's a lot of money inside it.
(A) about (B) up (C) along (D) with
18. Can you read the dialog
making any mistakes?
(A) without (B) between (C) inside (D) across
ten years ago, we have worked for Mr. Nixon. That's why we know him so much.
(A) For (B) During (C) In (D) Since
20. My older brother told us an interesting story
dinner yesterday evening.
(A) on (B) by (C) at (D) in
21. The thief broke the window
a hammer (
) and got into his house.
(A) by (B) like (C) of (D) with
22. There's a big, dark cloud
our school. It looks like rain.
(A) across (B) down (C) over (D) behind
23. You have to take the bus
the department store where you want to go.
(A) to (B) for (C) outside (D) about
24. For the test next Monday, you have to study from 8:00
(A) at (B) in (C) to (D) about
25. Emily: How many people will come to the garden party tomorrow?
Richard: Our teacher says ______ five hundred people will come.
(A) above (B) over (C) on (D) after